Electronic Document Management Release 6.0
With EDM 6.0, the latest version of Tradepaq’s Document Management solution, the product has evolved far beyond traditional imaging and archival systems. TRADEPAQ determines what documents to produce, how they are to be populated and transmitted, and where documents are to be sent and stored.
EDM 6.0 now holds the following new features
· Inbound document processing, supported by scanning, workflow and approval process.
- Web based imaging uploaders
- Xref list is presented to the user to connect document to EDM
- EDM further processes the document using standard EDM’s workflow
- EDM supplies tools to enable an user friendly way of optimising images
- Handling of multiple pages
- Integration with ERP systems through standard processes
- Content of the transaction can be extended with the data from the received documents.
· Fop 1.0 support
- Added font support for open type fonts.
- Copy and Paste from generated pdf.
- Use external documents in the generated pdf.
- Simplified document development.
- Text direction / rotation.
- Multiple direction text prints within 1 document.
· Electronic export document handling with Dutch customs.
Connecting to Dutch Customs is divided in the following three parts.
Export Document set
Documents handled through the Sagitta interface are the Customs declarations. Inside EDM they are handled as normal documents. Documents within EDM can be setup within document sets, so all export documents belonging to a shipment are bundled. Main advantage is that they share the same data, so changes to the data are automatically populated in all documents belonging to the set.
Interface between EDM and CDS (Customs Declaration System)
In order to let EDM and CDS communicate an interface is needed. This interface will be offered as a standard module of EDM.
In your ERP system a shipment is being created. When this shipment is being released for processing, it will automatically be read by SIP (Source Input Processor), a module of EDM. SIP parses all relevant data and queries your ERP system for all necessary or missing information. In the event that your ERP system does not contain all the needed data for the shipment, the Data Requestor will be used to update the shipment with missing data, entered manually (Web application). The data requestor is a screen that is used to key in additional data which is not standard available within your ERP system , at the time that the ship or pick confirm process has already been finalised. The user can access the data requestor via his/her inbox in the EDM web application. Every time a new shipment is being generated, and for which a customs declaration is needed, the Event Monitor will create a folder with a unique name, which will store all the files used for the customs declaration. EDM will automatically generate multiple files which hold all data needed to declare. The file names specify the type of declaration. If all documents are generated, the CDS application of Softpak will default to the most detailed declaration, which fits the need for all our customers and is therefore the preferred setting. The customs declaration will then be electronically forwarded to the Dutch customs authorities.